Telephone (Secretary): +603 2164 0200 – ext no. 148
Sonia Abraham graduated from the University of Kent, Canterbury in 1994. She has practised at Azman Davidson & Co. since being called to the Malaysian Bar in 1997. She was made a partner of the firm in 2005.
- LL.B. (Hons) (Kent) (1994)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (1996)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1997)
Sonia handles general litigation matters with particular involvement in Industrial Relations & Employment law, and family law. Her experiences include the following:
- Advised on contentious and non-contentious employment issues including managing poor performance, dismissals, business takeovers, reorganisation and retrenchment exercises and voluntary separation schemes.
- Conducted trials in the Industrial Court, High Court, Judicial Review applications in the High Court and appeals in the Court of Appeal.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements, including Employment Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Service Agreements and Employment Handbooks.
- Employment Law
- Industrial Relations
- Family Law
- Chevening Scholar from 1991 – 1994
- Member of the Industrial Court Practice Committee of the Bar Council from 2009 until present
- Member of the Human Resources and Home Affairs Committee of the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MICCI) from 2008 until present