Mak Hon Pan
Telephone (Secretary): +603 2164 0200 – ext no. 169
Mak Hon Pan was called to the Malaysian Bar in 12th September 2011. He joined Azman Davidson & Co in June 2014.
- LL.B. (Hons) (Reading) (2009)
- Barrister at Law, Middle Temple (2010)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2011)
Mak’s focus is in construction law. He was previously involved in a wide range of matters in banking litigation, general litigation and defamation law. His notable engagements are as follows:
- Acted as junior-counsel in a successful claim by a subcontractor against a main contractor notwithstanding the existence of a “pay when paid” clause in the subcontract.
- Acted as junior-counsel in defending a notable newspaper in a defamation claim for substantial damages.
- Acted as junior-counsel in the Court of Appeal in a matter where substantial damages of RM 81 million that was awarded against a Defendant by the High Court was successfully set aside in the Court of Appeal.
- Assisted in a matter where leave to appeal to the Federal Court was successfully obtained and the Federal Court is now invited to revisit the law relating to Co-Operative Societies that was laid down by the Supreme Court in Malaysia Shipyard and Engineering Sdn Bhd v Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Bhd  2 MLJ 359 and Chase Manhattan Bank NA v Mercantile Co-Operative Thrift & Loan Society Ltd  2 MLJ 168.
- Construction Law
- General Litigation