Kenny Chan Yew Hoong
Telephone (Secretary): +603 2164 0200 – ext no. 153
Kenny Chan Yew Hoong was called to the Malaysian Bar on 29 October 2010. He completed his pupillage in Azman Davidson & Co from December 2009 to September 2010. He joined the firm as a legal associate on 1 November 2010.
- LL.B. (Hons) (London) (2008)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (2009)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2010)
Kenny’s focus is building and construction law litigation and arbitration. He has acted for and advised various parties including employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consulting engineers in various construction projects and in dispute resolution proceedings. His notable engagements are as follows:
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the contractor in a building and construction dispute at the Court of Appeal and Federal Court level relating to unpaid claims.
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the concession company in a government public works project under the PWD form of contract in a dispute at the High Court and Court of Appeal relating to termination of contract and variation works claims.
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the developer company in defending a construction arbitration based on the IEM form of contract relating to variation works claims.
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the developer company in a construction arbitration under the PAM form of contract relating to abandonment of works and defective works claims.
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the developer company in a construction arbitration claim under the PWD form of contract relating to earthworks and geotechnical defects.
- Construction Law
- General Litigation