Karen Ng Gek Suan
Telephone (Secretary): +603 2164 0200 – ext no. 122
Karen was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2007. She joined Azman Davidson & Co in August 2012.
- LL.B. (Hons) (Northumbria) (2005)
- LL.M. (Northumbria) (2006)
- Barrister at Law, Lincoln’s Inn (2006)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2007)
- Foreign Lawyer, Singapore (2010-July 2012)
Karen’s focus is on building and construction law. Her experiences include the following:
- She has advised on contentious and non-contentious building and construction matters both in domestic as well as international settings.
- Advised on contentious matters which consist mainly of representation of clients in construction litigation matters in Court as well as arbitration proceedings conducted under the ICC, UNCITRAL, KLRCA, SIAC, PAM and SIA arbitration rules.
- Advised on building & construction agreements, consultancy/management agreements and bespoke contracts.
- Acted as co-counsel in an arbitration involving commercial disputes between a Thai public listed company and a company registered in Hong Kong.
- Acted as co-counsel in an arbitration on a commercial/joint-venture dispute between an Asian government-owned company and a British New Virgin company with a claim of more than USD 50 million.
- Acted as co-counsel in an arbitration for a SGX listed company on a construction dispute involving a prominent shopping complex in Orchard Road, Singapore.
- Acted as co-counsel in an arbitration involving a construction dispute of a gazetted conservatory project in Singapore.
- Acted as junior counsel in an arbitration on a construction dispute in relation to works in the Prime Minister’s Office and Prime Minister’s Residence, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Acted as junior counsel in an arbitration involving a marine terminal facilities project management dispute in Port Sudan, Sudan.
- Acted as junior counsel for a contractor in an arbitration of a construction dispute involving a highway project in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- Acted as junior counsel for a contractor in an arbitration of a construction dispute involving a shopping complex at Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.
- Advised on a contract for construction of golf specifics and irrigation lake project in Vietnam.
- Advised on contract for a full turnkey EPC contract of an integrated power generation project in Singapore.
- Advised on consultancy contract of a MRT block for a restructured building in Singapore.
- Construction Law