Datuk Francis L.K. Tan
Telephone (Secretary): +603 2164 0200 – ext no. 131
Datuk Francis Tan PMW, formerly the Managing Partner, is now a full time Consultant since January 2009. He has over 30 years’ working experience with the government and the private sector. He served as an Assistant Registrar of Companies in the Registry of Companies of the then Ministry of Trade and Industry from 1972 to 1976. After leaving government service, he served as the Group Company Secretary of a large group of companies from 1977 to 1985. In 1985, he joined Azman, Davidson & Co and was subsequently made Managing Partner. He was a commissioner of the Securities Commission.
Datuk Francis graduated with an LL.B degree from the University of London and was called to the Malaysian Bar in 1986. He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and an associate of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia. He is on the roll of Advocates & Solicitors, Brunei and also an English Solicitor.
- LL.B. (London) (1982)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (1984)
- Advocates & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1986)
- Advocates & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Brunei (1999)
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2000)
Datuk Francis’ experiences include the following:
- Advised on many commercial joint venture projects and corporate restructuring.
- Advised on securities law.
- Advised on tax impacts on corporate proposals.
- Appears regularly before the Special Commissioners of Income Tax and the Courts on revenue law matters.
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and Commercial
- Real Estate and Property
- Associate of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators