Dato’ W.S.W. Davidson
Telephone (Secretary): +603 2164 0200 – ext no. 128
Dato’ W.S.W. Davidson DSDK, began his career in London in 1957 before serving as Crown Counsel and legal draughtsman in the Attorney General’s Chambers, Hong Kong from 1960 to 1963. He came to Malaya and began practice in 1964 and was the senior partner of the Ipoh office of Lewis & Co. prior to the firm’s merger with Azman & Co. in 1981. From 1986 to 2000, he was a member of the Brunei Bar and a partner in the firm of Abrahams, Davidson & Co. in Brunei. During that period he has appeared in several major cases in the Brunei High Court, Court of Appeal and twice before the Privy Council.
- LL.B. (Hons) (Belfast) (1956)
- Barrister at Law, Grays Inn (1957)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1964)
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Brunei (1989)
Dato’ Davidson’s vast experiences in legal practice include the following:
- Acted as legal adviser for drafting and negotiation of production sharing agreements, joint operating agreements, farm outs, etc in oil and gas matters.
- Drafted of EPC construction and related documents for numerous projects including cement plants; and acted in construction litigation and arbitrations as counsel and arbitrator.
- Sat as arbitrator in international and domestic arbitrations.
- Commercial litigation includes over 40 years of appearing in High Courts in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Brunei on various cases and on occasions before the Privy Council in London.
- Advised on taxation matters.
- Advised on joint ventures.
- Advised and acted for insurers on insurance claims involving contractor’s all risk, professional indemnity, industrial all risk.
- Areas of Practice
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Panel Member, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Panel Member, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)